At AWWA, we are People Giving To People within our communities.
At AWWA, our services aim to improve lives and inspire hope.
We began our journey in 1970, as a group of volunteers coming together to care for traditionally underrepresented individuals. Today, our services serves over 5,000 clients ranging from children and youth with special needs, low-income families, caregivers, to the elderly.
- 222 students were enrolled in our school
- 1,240 members joined the resource centre
- 1,568 individuals participated in 23 educational workshops
- 327 physically challenged children received mobile therapy services
- 356 clients trained with assistive technologies
- 158 students under the age of 6-years-old were in our preschool, with 15 moving to mainstream schools after joining the programs
- 139 senior residents cared for by round-the-clock nursing staff
- 228 registered seniors in the activity centre
- 105 senior citizens attend the daytime rehabilitation centre with an average daily attendance of 48 seniors
- 757 family cases explored by our counsellors, where 66.8 percent faced financial difficulties
- 291 individual volunteers putting in 14,121 hours through 1,616 events and activities
And this is just where we begin to make an impact in our communities. Find out more about our services by exploring this section of our website.