14 Nov SGX Bull Charge
SGX (Singapore Exchange) Bull Charge first started in 2004. It is the only corporate charity run that brings the financial industry and all SGX-listed companies together for a common cause – to empower communities through financial literacy and promote sustainable societies.
SGX Bull Charge has an enviable track record over the past 11 years, raising more than $22 million for more than 50 different charities. No other corporate run in Singapore garners the same level of donations in a single event. More than 31,000 runners from the financial industry and SGX-listed companies have raced along the streets of the CBD in the spirit of Bull Charge. Now in its 12th year, SGX is aiming to bring in $2.5 million with a series of fundraising events
AWWA was handpicked by SGX Bull Charge as one of their four beneficiaries back on year 2012 on a 3-year term. We are privileged to be re-nominated for another term from year 2015 to 2017.
SGX Bull Charge played a vital role in encouraging volunteerism and philanthropy in the financial sector. Through year-long fund raising effort with activities like charity golf, auction, fustal, relay and wrap up each year with a CDB run, SGX Bull Charge leads partners and general public to help the disadvantaged.
SGX staff clocked in a total of 255 volunteering hours in the last three years. In addition, SGX plays a catalyst role in encouraging Singapore Exchange listed companies to promote staff volunteerism and link them with AWWA to serve the disadvantaged.
From 2012-14, SGX Bull Charge raised a total of $2.2mil to support the AWWA causes in a wide spectrum of work :
- Empower Children/ Youth with Special Need to Live Dignifed Lives
- Provide transportation for students with special needs from home to AWWA School
- Build a model kitchen that enable students with special needs to learn how prepare meals and be independent
- Sponsor therapy van that is fully equipped to perform on-board therapy sessions, that goes around island-wide to serve youth with special needs
- resource & toy library to make knowledge & resources available and accessible to people with special needs, educators and caregivers
- Promote Healthy Families
- family service centre to help needy families and empower each individual to be resilient and to contribute to the society
- after-school care centre for students with special needs that enables families to be financially viable and provides caregivers the opportunity to pursue their career aspiration
- Train and empower caregivers island-wide
- Enable Seniors to Age Actively
- senior activity centre to promote active aging and prevent social isolation.
To find out how you can contribute to our cause, please contact our Community Partnership team at email@example.com or 6511 5200.