The AWWA Senior Community Home provides Singaporeans and Permanent Residents above the age of 60 years old, who are on public assistance or have no family or means of financial support, a place to call home. Our community residence offers accommodation and shelter to seniors in need, in a warm environment that indeed feels like home.
The Home welcomed its first 20 residents when it was established in 1976. A unique model, it was the first community home to be housed within a HDB rental block, thus enabling its elderly residents to remain integrated with the larger community in which they live in. Occupying levels 2 to 4 of the block, it is home to 140 residents today.
Residents are empowered to take care of their own units and daily living needs. Regular activities are organised to maintain physical and mental health. We offer guidance and counselling on the challenges of ageing and group living to help our residents create an environment of mutual care and support in their community home.
Some of the services we offer in the Senior Community Home are:
- On-going health supervision / screening
- Physical / Mental Exercises
- Guidance and counselling on the challenges of ageing
- Complementary physiotherapy / occupational therapy / speech therapy / TCM
- Recreational activities / Community projects
- Social activities and outings
- 24 /7 nursing help
Applicants must be:
- At least 60 years old and above (those aged 50-60 will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- A citizen of Singapore or a Permanent Resident
- Physically and mentally fit and free from infectious diseases; requiring minimal medical care and capable of handling daily living activities
- Without family and means of financial support, or on Public Assistance
Operating Hours: 24 hours
Office hours: Monday to Friday: 8.00am to 6.00pm
Tel: 6511 6686
Fax: 6553 0752