The AWWA Rehab & Day Care Centre supports seniors and people with physical disabilities. We also serve seniors discharged from hospitals. Many of these individuals may face physical challenges but have excellent potential to recover within a nurturing environment and under structured professional care that promotes functional independence and mobility.
The clients of the Centre undergo a physical rehabilitation programme with accredited therapists offering them a range of physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy exercises. The program aims at developing clients’ functional abilities to the optimum. With a structured day care programme, the Centre also enables caregivers to continue with their respective commitments during the day, with peace of mind.
We offer structured and holistic rehabilitation programmes with physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy interventions. We are one of the very few providers to have our own in-house speech therapist and facilities to help, especially, stroke patients with difficulties in speech, eating and drinking. We train the clients in independent living skills such as activities of daily living (ADL), community participation programmes, etc. The Centre also offers caregiver support services such as caregiver training and education. Day care services are available for those clients with caregiving issues. Transportation is available for clients living in Ang Mo Kio.
Home therapy services are available for clients who are not suitable for Centre based care.
Applications for admission can be made through the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) with assistance from the medical social worker of a hospital. For walk-in clients, guidance will be offered by the Centre to facilitate AIC referral.
Admission Criteria for clients:
- A citizen of Singapore or a Permanent Resident
- Suffering from physical dysfunction and/or the following:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Joint replacement surgery
- Deconditioning and functional decline subsequent to hospitalization
- Other physical impairments resulting in activity limitation and resulting in participation restriction.
- Minimal functional abilities in ADLs like feeding, toileting etc.
- Free from active infectious diseases and unmanageable mental or behavioural problems (at the discretion of the Centre)
- Medically assessed to be fit for rehabilitation
- Potential to recover with rehabilitation based on AWWA therapist’s assessment
Monday to Friday 7am – 7pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays and AWWA designated days
Tel: 6511 6790
Fax: 6552 7520